Sunday, October 09, 2005

D'em Souls is Movin' Slow


Well, our big adventure yesterday afternoon was a blowout on I-44. WE've had the unbelievable pleasure of staying overnight in Joplin, Missouri, a town I highly recommend you pass through. Oh, the scenery is pretty but I haven't met one single human being capable of a conversation without using local slang exclusively.


Nevertheless, we made it here alive after a rear left blowout. Triple A was on-sight in about an hour, and another half hour to be in the road, by which time the stress hit both Mark and I and we simply found a motel and collapsed for the night. But, we're up early now, listening to yet another Christian broadcasting program... which simply interrupted the news... The radio and television stations have a ratio of three in five being Republican commentary and/or the return of the Messiah, Jesus the Christ at any moment. It looks like a town, the people look like people but they've all gone off the deep end with the end of the world being nigh!



I am shaking from my Alain Mikli's right down to my Donald Pliner's!

We're on to Saint Louis to have a new tire put on, almost 300 miles of "hearin' da Werd!" And, Julia Darling, if this isn't sureal, I have no idea what may be!

No comments: