Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Life of Reilly?

Well,, today, as suggested by my therapist for so long, I actually took the initiative to leave the apartent for severla, five actually, hours today. I've appaently become so isolated in my fear of people that I must now practice going out and about by myself.

So, I asked Mark if he'd be OK of I was gone part of the day, and Spencer (our Rover) and I hit the road. No great adventure ensued, we went by several antique and fabric shops, over in the La Brea area and saw any multiple of things I could not afford to buy! But window shopping still got me out and that
s the key.

My panic attacks have come more and more frequently and indeed, they set on me today twice - but they were mild enough for me to work through them. And that was a big thing for old me, not turning the car around and coming home. So, I succeeded, at least a little! Three cheers pour moi! A Touts la Glories de la France; pardon, non, un moment: ... de la MOI!

I did have my second serious fall within two years - the last was over a year go in NYC - and under the same circumstance: inclement weather! NYC was invisible ice on the sidewalk - I just went zoom zoom into the air and landed full force upon my left hip. Today's calamity was the drenched sidewalk before Liz's hardware - my boot just slipped out from underneath me and I plopped upon my right arm and side, and somehow twisted my back. I do believe it's all just bruised and turned muscles, not bones, but I do worry a bit about damaging the new pair of hips. Just enough to make them misalign, that's my worry.

The rain, the culprit, though is still very much my friend. It's been delightful to be out in the damp moist air, and especially nice feeling so secure while driving Spencer during the few hard downfalls... four wheel drive and an adjustment to a tighter suspension make driving Spence a pleasure - and the bonus is he's so safe!

Well, I'm tired and bruised, yes for real, and I'm off to crash a bit.  My only advice is don't be cocky when some cute guy smiles at you - 'cause God will drop you on your ass for humility really darn quick

No comments: