Saturday, February 25, 2006

You're Beautiful

I saw John Blunt's music video recently on Logo and purchased the song from iTunes. It's plaintive piece with unusual poignancy and depth for a pop song. I don't see it as a song about the loss of human love but the love of God. If what the Church teaches regarding homosexuality proves true than have I not lost my God, dear Jesus, the greatest love of my life. I see Him only for a moment here and there in this time and space of pain but his beauty is the alpha and omega of the heart and to wonder, worry that you will never see Him again because of whom you are born as is the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. This loss, this loss is the loss of all. As he undresses in the snow he neatly arranges his few and cherished possesions before him as he sits, legs crossed in meditative form, and tells us of his plan for he knows that he shall never see Her face again and he will never be with her... ah, I know that feeling all too well. I don't think I'll see Her again, he sings, "I saw Her face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do, for I'll never see Her again." Is it the truth? Will I never be with You? The depth of the icy ocean as he leaps seems a warm and desirable journey on which to now depart. I've been asked if I have a plan, a plan? Do I now have the plan? I don't know what to do...

I don't know what to do...

No comments: