Friday, February 10, 2006

Frank Orraj

The Orraj family have been friends of mine since I was a child. We have attended school and church together. Danny went to St. John's Seminary with me and is now married to my sister, Peggy. Curt was the hottest guy in Yuma for ages - and I think he knew it, at least a little! Curt worked with me when I helped manage a pizza parlor and has the best sense of humor of anyone - he always makes me laugh. Diane taught me my entire repetoire of 'bus driver' jokes and I thought she was the graetest girl I'd ever met... and Liz and Frank were the cool parents that I thought I didn't have. They are a wonderful group of people whom you can always depend upon to be there for you. So many good memories of childhood are wrapped up with this dear family. As we've all grown and gone in different directions we've lost touch and no longer know about each others daily lives but they have never been far from my thoughts or my heart.

This week Frank passed away. He was a large man with a large laugh and he used to scare me a bit - he would always speak with me as if I were a bit of an enigma, but always with courtesy, kindness and a jovial smile hidden in his deep baratone voice. His sons all did their best to emulate him and his daughter always had him wrapped about her finger. Liz, his wife, is a petite and gracious woman with a tiny warble in her voice that is exotic and charming and makes her whom she is somehow. She was his rock, I believe, this fragile seeming lady who held the clan together. I know they are feeling his loss deeply and I wish I could ease their pain.

Dear, Frank, I hope that as you are welcomed into your Father's House that you will know the great house of His which you built for all of us in this world. Simply by being a man of your word, of honor in business and of love with your family. It was a fine thing to have been included in your life, even a little; thank you!

No comments: