Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lint Rollers in the Morning

As I was dressing this morning, waiting on Mark to finish his 'toilette' to venture forth for coffee, I realized I needed to remove a sizable amount of Bo Bo's and Athenais' fur from my sweater. They enjoy, indeed insist upon, leaving ample amounts of themselves about, in order to be better remembered when Mark and I are away from home! Knowing that I would not be able to fully de-shed myself I nevertheless found the lint brush, a silly devise of masking tape on a peal-away roller, and proceeded to roll it about myself. (The disconcerting part of this process is to feel the way the roller follows the rolls of my chest and abdomen. The 'hard body' which I worked so hard to get for almost two years, is in a general recession!) It is discouraging. Just as I was about finished, and was looking myself over for the stray bit of fur, I noticed in the mirror that I had an accumulation of fur and lint on my head. Now, as I have little hair, I debated for a moment as to whether the additional material 'suited' me or not. Yikes! How desperate am I becoming - with a quick flick of the wrist and the ol' masking tape roll, I rolled it over my head and removed the offending additions. Now, tell me, have I found a new market for the tool? Should I promote it, or rather develop an offshoot device, especially for balding men? If they can sell spray on hair, I say, why not?!

No comments: